Runes are used by many modern magical people for both divination/ fortune telling, as well as for ritual magical purposes. Runes come from the Norse (Viking) path, and were the alphabets for Norse-people. Our own English Alphabets come from derivations of Runes.. The one bit of rune magic people still do, without even realising is the `xxx’ we put as `kisses’ on cards and letters (and emails & texts now!). The `X’ is a rune (Gefu) that represents mutual support & gift!!
Next session: Saturday 12th October 2019
Fee: Early Witch Fee £30. After 28th sept, standard fee £50. Deadline for registration 5th October 2019. Pay £30 now via our tutor page (link at the bottom).
VENUE: Course will be held in outdoor woodland setting – Queens Woods.
Course duration: 10.30am to 6.00pm (In the past we have had delays in starting or after breaks.. so covering the full course has been a challenge. so please arrive promptly at start and after breaks. The course will aim to finish by 5.30pm but we are leaving 30mins extra as a buffer). Please be at gathering point at 10.30am so that we can be all acquainted and walk to the course area, set up and start on time.
***After 10.30am we will be unavailable on phones/ meetup etc. So no last minute messages asking for directions in woods please. Thanks. **
Nearest Tube: HighGate (northern line) –
Meeting point & Time:
We meet in a nearby public venue / cafe / pub (details sent out to those who book and register). Meet from 10am to 10.30am. This is the time get a cup of tea/ coffee ..say Hi ..meet n greet fellow students and get warmed up! At 10.30am we all walk few minutes into the woods, set and and run the course.
Course Content: At this workshop ————–
• You’ll be provided with a set of 25 blank rune-discs (wooden, hand cut by us) – to make your own Runes! (no extra fee. This is included in course fee.. a bargain!!)
• Full introduction to Runes – we’ll go through each Rune (24 of the Elder Futhark, as they are called), and show you the symbol, how to draw them, and how to pronounce each one correctly. (Runes are
sung in’ for magic) • Introduction to Norse/ Viking Gods & Goddesses, and some of their mythology – This gives you important context and background upon which to base your own practise of Rune-craft.
• You’ll have time to carve/ colour in the Runes on the blank discs provided. • Basics of Rune Divination – how to use some basic layout for reading/ fortune telling.
• Basics of how to do Rune magic with symbols. In previous years this was taught as a small sub-section in our spellcraft workshop’ but here we go into details.
Taking Notes / participating in exercises—-
You are encouraged to take notes during the course and participate in short meditations & other magical practise/ exercises throughout the course. A worksheet will be provided to fill in for your own use. Please also provide a valid e-mail as after the course, tutor will send out any additional notes.
We’ll have short 10 minute comfort breaks.. There will also be a 45min hour lunch break. Please be on time at breaks. Course will commence on schedule after each allocated time.
NO Recording / photography———–
Tutor may take some photos with permission for publicity purpose.
• Please wear plenty of warm clothing (it actually gets cold when you sit down on the ground for long). If it’s raining much, tutor will bring a tarpaulin sheet cover.. so we don’t get wet (too much)
Practical matters —–
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch . Please avoid eating during course delivery, as it is distracting for tutor and fellow students. During the course we do engage in short magical works. Bring flask of hot drinks. Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up .. (or if it’s just cold). Please wear warm coats, socks scarf..
Skol/ Bright Blessings
– Mani Navasothy (Wiccan) & Aaron Oxford (Norse)
This is an experiential workshop, taught by Aaron Oxford ( Norse path/ Ritualist – recently led our Woodland Norse Lammas ceremony), and co-hosted by Mani (Wiccan High Priest & Ritual Magician).